Graduation sayings range from serious and sentimental to humorous and fun according to the message you want to convey. Graduation sayings can be used in a graduation speech, card, scrapbook, yearbook, graduation cake or gift for a high school or middle school graduate.
Graduation Quotes for Daughters and Sons
Let your son or daughter know how you feel with these classic quotes. The following can be said or written:
- It is a mother’s treasure to have a daughter.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- You must do it like your mother taught you if at first you don’t succeed.” – Author Unknown
- In Robyn Silverman’s words, “we must teach our girls that if they speak their minds, they can create the world they envision.”
- As Walter M. Schirra, Sr. once said, “You don’t raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you raise sons, they will become heroes even in your own eyes.”
Religious Inspirational Sayings
Here are some religious quotes you can share with the recent graduate:
- An unschooled man who knows how to meditate on the Lord has learned much more than a man with the highest education who doesn’t know how to meditate. – Reverend Charles Stanley
- – Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV) “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.”
- Eric Butterworth: “Grow through life, don’t go through life.”
- – Eleanor Powell “We are what God gives us. What we become is what we give to God.”
Short Graduation Sayings
It’s sometimes best to keep things short and sweet. Put it in writing or say it:
- School’s out. Memories past. Don’t ever doubt. Our friendship will endure.” – An unknown author
- “Some people come into our lives and leave footprints on our hearts and we will never be the same.” – Flavia Weedn
- An unknown author said, “There are big ships and small ships. But friendship is the best of them all.”.
- Cesare Pavese: “We don’t remember days; we remember moments.”
Motivational Graduation Messages
You can share some words of wisdom with the graduate by sending a motivational message. Here are some things you can try:
- “Never, never, never give up, no matter how great or small the task.” – Winston Churchill
- Walt Disney once said, “If we have the courage to pursue our dreams, they will come true.”
- Patch Adams: “Spread joy, chase your wildest dreams.”
- A person’s brain is in his head. His feet are in his shoes. A person can steer themselves in any direction he wants. – Dr. Seuss
- – Les Brown “Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.”
Graduation bios might also benefit from some of these quotes.
Funny Congratulations Sayings
Try some of these silly sayings to make the graduate smile:
- The tassel is worth the hassle!” -Unknown author
- A graduation ceremony is a ceremony at which a commencement speaker explains that “individuality is the key to success” to thousands of students wearing identical caps and gowns. – Robert Orben.
- You know when everyone throws their caps at graduation? Isn’t it great that we celebrate how smart we are by throwing sharp objects in the air.” – Anonymous
- “You will make a lousy anybody else, but you will be the best “you” in the world.” – Zig Ziglar
- Oscar Wilde said, “Life is too important to be taken seriously.”
- The tomorrow you worry about today is the tomorrow you worry about tomorrow” – Dale Carneg
Original Sayings and Wishes
Are you looking for a saying that is unique and has never been heard before? For graduation speeches or quotes, use these.
These phrases will let your little one know how proud you are of him or her:
- The ABCs and 123s have been taught to you. I’m looking forward to the rest of the school year.
- You’re a little graduate, and we’re very proud of you. You’re now ready to go to the big kids’ school.
- Now that you’ve mastered counting to ten and reading your favorite rhymes, kindergarten is coming to an end. It’s time for first grade!
- Although she is little, she has graduated from preschool.
- On the day of your graduation, we are so proud of our little graduate and we love him very much.
8th Grade Graduation Sentiments
You can tell the 8th grader in your life how well they’ve done in school by saying or writing:
- You have crossed the bridge of middle school. You are now off to high school.
- You have grown up from being a little boy to becoming a man. Having earned your middle school diploma, you’re moving on.
- You’ve made it to the top after getting through the middle. Time to head to high school and show them what you’ve got.
- Three years ago, you were our little girl, but now she is no longer with us. She has been replaced by a graduate we adore.
- You have graduated from middle school. You’re more than halfway done. Only four more years to go. The fun has just begun.
High School Graduation Sayings
Graduating from high school is such a milestone in one’s life. You can try saying or writing:
- Now that this little girl is all grown up, she’s going to college. The knowledge she’s gained will be put to good use.
- In honor of your high school graduation, I want to acknowledge how much you have accomplished to become who you are today.
- You were just learning how to fly yesterday in the nest. It’s time to spread your wings and take flight.
- Four long years have passed, but now the day has finally arrived. As your high school days are over, your life is just beginning.
- You’ve been dreaming about this day for years, and now it’s finally here. The journey of your life has just begun, so buckle up and hold on tight.
Graduation Banner Sayings
You can use a graduation banner to decorate a graduation party or your home after the ceremony. Below are the options you can write or have printed:
- I congratulate you on being a superstar!
- That smarty-pants of yours is going to soar!
- Congratulations on your graduation! Hip hip hooray!
- Today is the beginning of an amazing journey for you!
- You’ve worked hard to get here, finals are over, you’re done!
Graduation Cake Sayings
Graduation cakes are a great way to celebrate such a big accomplishment! The bakery can write or you can write:
- Congratulations to our favorite person in the world on his graduation day!
- I wish you a very happy birthday on this special day! Your growth has been amazing in every way!
- There’s nothing better than a graduation party!
- It’s off to college, where you’ll learn a lot and grow!
If the class motto is fairly simple, you might consider having it piped on the cake.
You can try these ideas if you don’t know what to write in a yearbook:
- It’s hard to believe that this day has finally arrived. Let’s celebrate our graduation and have a lot of fun!
- During graduation, you should reflect on your life. Take advantage of every moment of this incredible experience.
- Congratulations on your successful graduation. You’re off to college to do your best!
- That’s an epic moment you’ve captured! Your high school graduation went smoothly!
Sayings for a Daughter Graduating
You can say or write the following if your daughter is graduating:
- We wish our amazing daughter a very happy graduation day. You have become such an amazing person and we are so proud of you.
- Your growth into an amazing, gracious, and kind woman has been amazing.
- Being a part of your transition into adulthood has been an honor.
- Raising you has been a true joy. We (I) look forward to seeing what you accomplish.
Sayings for a Son Graduating
Let your son know how you feel when he graduates by saying:
- What a special man you’ve become. Your accomplishments make us so proud!
- I am proud of you as a son. Graduation is a time to celebrate your achievements.
- From a curious boy to a thoughtful man, you’ve grown up. We are celebrating your incredible journey today!
- My son, you are simply the best! Congratulations on your graduation today.
What to Write in a Graduation Card
Although there are many quotes about graduation and graduation slogans, the most meaningful may be something you come up with yourself. In a letter or card to a special graduate, what is a piece of advice or a bit of inspiration you wish someone had shared with you when you were a high school student?
Consider what strikes you as special about graduation itself when contemplating education and commencement. Here are some tips for writing your own graduation sayings:
- Gratitude should be extended to the graduate for his hard work and any specific accomplishments he achieved. Wishing someone a heartfelt good luck is never a bad idea.
- Give a unique piece of advice.
- Incorporate bullets or periods between inspirational words or phrases (e.g. Believe. Dream. Always be your best…).
- Share what you appreciate about the graduate’s personality and the gifts he or she has.
- Share personal mottos or religious verses with the graduate.
- Tell us about the insight you’ve gained from facing difficult circumstances. A saying such as “Going to college/pursuing your career/going out on your own/etc. may not always be easy, but one thing I’ve learned when going through tough times…” is helpful.
Celebrating the Graduate
The moment you share your thoughts with the recent graduate can be incredibly meaningful for both of you. Graduation quotes can play an important role in celebrating this culmination in education, regardless of whether you use a famous phrase or a personalized saying.